Last Wednesday when really I should have been packing for New York (where Miss Frugal and I will be when you’re reading this), I suddenly felt a bit sad that we’d be leaving Mr and Master Frugal behind and it hit me that I was going to really miss them. I know they didn’t want to come with us (they could have but they chose to get a season ticket for Boro instead) but I still had a few minutes where I felt sad that Miss Frugal and I would be doing something so amazing while they stayed at home.
To make myself feel a bit better I decided to make them some homemade Hobnobs to leave for them because I know how much they loved them last time I made them. They turned out really well so I thought I’d share the recipe with you today….
What you need to make your homemade Hobnobs
125g unsalted butter
80g brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
100g quick oats
100g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
How to make your homemade Hobnobs
- Preheat your oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
- Next, add the golden syrup and mix until it’s combined fully.
- Stir in the oats, flour and baking powder and give it a good mix until you can form a ball with the mix.
- Roll the dough into small balls in your hands and pop them on the baking tray. Squish them down until they’re the size you want them. Don’t forget to leave plenty of room between the hobnobs as they’ll spread when they cook.
- Bake for 10 – 13 minutes until the look golden brown.
Honestly, they taste so good!
If you liked this recipe for homemade hobnobs you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.