My homemade Unisex Sensitive Skin After Shave Lotion is my new favourite thing! It leaves my skin feeling super smooth and refreshed and leaves me smelling amazing. 😉
Homemade Unisex Sensitive Skin After Shave Lotion
This is one of those recipes that might involve you having to buy a few bits and bobs, in which case it’s not really as frugal as it is for me as I do have the majority of these things in already from previous DIYs and the other things I make anyway on a regular basis.
What you need – I’ve added in a few Amazon links to the products that you might not know where to buy from:
• 3 tablespoons soy or beeswax
• 1/4 cup Shea butter
• 1 teaspoon witch hazel
• 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
• 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel
• 10 drops lavender essential oil
• 10 drops rosemary essential oil
• 10 drops peppermint essential oil
• 1-2 tablespoons egg whites (optional)
• Airtight container
- Add the wax to the Shea butter in a microwave proof bowl and melt them together in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Give it a quick stir and then pop it back in the microwave and continue to melt in short 15 second blasts until completely melted, stirring between each blast.
- Add the coconut oil and witch hazel to the bowl along with the Aloe Vera.
- Add the jojoba oil to the mix and stir it all together.
- Add the lavender essential oil – Lavender calms the skin, reduces skin irritations and can help with acne and eczema.
- Add the rosemary essential oil – Rosemary oil has great anti-aging benefits, is also known for helping diminish acne and can help fight damage from the dun. It is also a wonderful anti-inflammatory agent.
- Add the peppermint essential oil – Peppermint oil has been known to have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. It can also help keep your skin cool and lower skin irritation.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and pop them in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Add the mixture to a stand mixer or you can use a hand mixer. Beat for 1 minute.
- If you’re adding the egg whites then add them now and beat the mixture for another 1-2 minutes. Egg whites are great for tightening your skin and closing your pores.
- Pop the lotion into an airtight container.
- If you used egg white, keep in fridge until ready to use.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. You can find out more about me here.