This super easy shortbread recipe is just about the easiest recipe I know as it uses just three ingredients and needs no baking ability at all to perfect!
I made it yesterday with Master Frugal and the finished biscuits are absolutely delicious so I thought I’d quickly take a photo of the few that were left and share it with you today…..
Super easy shortbread recipe
180g plain flour
We cheated a bit with this and used our electric mixer rather than mix everything by hand but you can do it either way depending on how much time you have. We were on our way out to the Boro match so we didn’t have long but we wanted to leave Mr Frugal a treat for when he came in as he wasn’t able to get off work to come to the match with us.
- We put the butter in the mixer and gave it a quick blast to soften it up a bit.
- Next we added the sugar and whisked them together until the butter and sugar were combined.
- Finally we added the flour bit by bit until it was mostly mixed together.
- The mixer struggled with the last bit as the mix was quite thick by that point so we finished it off with a good stir using a wooden spoon.
- We rolled the dough out to about a centimetre thick on a floured surface using a floured rolling pin as it was still a bit sticky and then cut our shapes out of it. Each shape was sprinkled with a little bit of sugar.
- The shapes were transferred to a lightly greased baking tray and baked in the oven for about 13 -16 minutes – If I were you I’d start checking after 10 minutes as some of ours cooked a bit quicker where Master Frugal had done them thinner than the others. You can tell they’re done when they start to get a golden brown colour on them.
If you liked this easy to make shortbread recipe then you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.