Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) I’ve been off work this week so I’ve worked really hard to get my life back into some form of order!
I’ve done a review of my budget and cancelled a few of the extra little monthly things that have crept in since I last did one – no idea what came over me when I ordered a monthly stationery subscription box and I’m nowhere near grown-up enough to need a subscription to Which? which I think I signed up to as part of a free trial that got me some extra Swagbucks but I’ve clearly forgotten to cancel it. 😂
I used to do a regular review of our budget for this exact reason and this review is clearly well overdue so I’m glad that I managed to get it done this week.
2) I’ve done some kind of batch cooking this week but went more with ‘building blocks’ ingredients rather than actual meals. I made big batches of both my homemade tomato sauce and my Instant Pot shredded chicken because both of those can be frozen in various different portion sizes and can easily be made into so many meals between them.
3) Did you see my bargain charity shop coat?
It’s an immaculate beautiful rose pink coat from Per Una at M&S and it cost me £8.99 from a local charity shop. It’s going to be perfect to use as my Winter coat as it’s so warm and sung as well as being super pretty. 😍
4) I made a batch of homemade apple sauce earlier in the week after getting the idea that my autumn fruit crumble tarts would be amazing with an apple sauce filling. Unfortunately, by the time I made the apple sauce, I was all out of energy so I didn’t bother with the tarts. 😂
I ended up making pancakes for tea for us all and we had applesauce pancake stacks.
5) I made some of the most amazing sleep spray this week which I’m going to be honest, isn’t actually helping me to sleep but it is at least making me so much more relaxed when I’m lying in bed trying not to overthink everything that’s going on in my world right now. I’m pretty sure that there’s no spray in the world that would send me off to sleep right now but this one is definitely doing something to make my sleepness nights a little bit more manageable.
The mix I made was my usual basic sleep spray recipe with a mix of lavender, vetivert, and chamomile essential oils added into it which is a lovely relaxing combination.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve almost hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉