These delicious fruit crumble tarts are my favourite thing to make on an Autumn afternoon (or any afternoon for that matter) when I’ve got friends coming round as they’re super simple to make, taste amazing and look pretty impressive
This recipe for delicious fruit crumble tarts is honestly so flexible as you can use any fruit you want (or even a nice fruity jam at a push) to make them with and they always turn out amazing. You could even make a version at Christmas using mincemeat!
How to make homemade fruit crumble tarts
For the Pastry:
250g plain flour
125g butter, chilled, chopped
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon chilled water
Fruit filling of your choice – today I used cherry pie filling which was something I’ve had in the cupboard for at least a year. It wasn’t my first choice as I was planning on using some of my homemade applesauce and making an apple and cinnamon version but I realised I was all out after I’d made the pastry!
For the Crumble:
120g plain flour
60g butter at room temperature
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 c
- Combine the flour, butter and sugar together in a food processor. You’re looking for the stage when the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs so keep going until you get to that point.
- Add the egg yolk (see the easiest way to separate an egg here) and chilled water.
- Mix again for a short time until the dough just starts to come together.
- Turn your pastry out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it until it’s smooth – try and knead it as little as possible though.
- Shape your pastry into a ball, flatten it a bit and then pop it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Once your dough has been in the fridge for half an hour you can get it out and roll it out onto a floured surface using a rolling pin. Roll it to about 5mm thickness and then cut rounds out using a cookie cutter or today I used a small mason jar lid!
- Put your pastry rounds into the baking tray and top with a small spoonful of fruit – to give you an idea, I used a teaspoon and put 2 cherries and a spoonful of sauce into each of mine.
- To make your crumble topping, mix the flour and sugar together and rub in the butter until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Some
- Top the fruit tarts with your crumble mix and then bake in the oven for around 12 – 15 minutes, or until your crumble is starting to look golden.
If you liked this recipe for fruit crumble tarts you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.