Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) When I did my weekly shop, I managed to buy a big pack of chicken breasts in the reduced section for £3.20 so I bought them and used them to make some Instant Pot Shredded Chicken. I served some of the chicken to serve with Yorkshire Puds, Actifry roasties and broccoli for a mini roast on Sunday, I added some to some Mexican Bean Quesadillas on Monday night for tea and then the last of it went into some Instant Pot Chicken and Rice on Tuesday night.
Shredded chicken goes a long way and I usually make a batch of it and bag it up for the freezer but this week, I thought I’d just put it to use straight away.
2) I batch-cooked some breakfast muffins on Sunday to get me through the week on Sunday using some veggies that needed using up in the freezer. I love having a box of these in the freezer as I just grab a couple out for breakfast and pop them in the microwave to heat them up.
These aren’t the actual ones I made as I forgot to take a photo of those ones but this week’s muffins had green peppers, spring onions, chopped tomatoes, cheese and some Mexican spice in the mix and they were fab!
3) I’ve been on a Swagbucks mission this week and although I’ve redeemed some of my points over the year for random bits, I still have enough for around £80 worth of Amazon vouchers in there which is waiting to be redeemed for Christmas. I’d like to try and get that up to £100 ideally so I’ve been spending a few minutes each night on there this last week.
If you’re interested – here’s my refer a friend link for Swagbucks. I’ve shared it a few times I know but that’s because I earn Amazon vouchers so often from it that I do genuinely believe it’s worth your time.
4) I also made a giant (and I mean giant) batch of homemade Arrabbiata sauce this week!
I wasn’t planning to make it to be honest as I went downstairs to make a sandwich for lunch yesterday and noticed I had more tins of tinned tomatoes than I thought I had when I was looking for tuna so I got out the instant pot and sauteed off some onions and garlic and then added everything else and popped the slow cooker lid on it for the rest of the day.
It’s genuinely the loveliest sauce and goes great with so many things to make all kinds of meals. I’m never without a portion or two of this in my freezer.
5) I’ve got a really good weekend planned this weekend as it’s the Festival of Thrift weekend which is my favourite weekend of the year every year. It’s all about sustainability and I think there’s a swap shop where you can take along clothes and swap them so I’ve sorted out some clothes I don’t love and I’m ready to take them along and see what I bring home instead. Wish me luck!
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉