Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
Another week in lockdown means that it’s been another week of forced frugal-ness!
1) I had some very tired looking bananas sitting in the fruit bowl last Sunday morning when I went downstairs to let the dogs out, so by 8.30 am, I’d already whipped up a batch of banana and blueberry muffins…
I knew that I was making my chocolate peanut butter bread later in the day though so once these muffins had cooled down, I popped them in the freezer for through the week snacks.
2) I made a batch of ice lollies last weekend using our silicone moulds knowing that the weather was going to be good through the week. I didn’t do anything flash, just some cordial made up double strength poured into the moulds.
These are my silicone moulds (affiliate link) if anyone’s interested, I always get emails and messages when I share them because they’re so fab! I’ve had them for a few years now and we use them loads over the Summer usually.
3) Meal planning hasn’t been top of my priorities lately but I did write a meal plan on the back of an envelope last week and managed to stick to it – although it was pretty vague so not all that hard to stick to! This is it in all it’s vagueness…
Monday – chicken and rice
Tuesday – freezer BBQ
Wednesday – tomato sauce pasta
Thursday – slow cooker gammon
Friday – homemade pizza
Saturday – lasagne or cottage pie from the freezer
I know what the main ingredients are each day and just add in what we fancy – so for example, Monday I had chicken and rice planned and ended up making instant pot chicken and rice. I added in some green peppers, red onion and sweetcorn with cajun flavouring because that’s what I had in. Vague meal planning at it’s best!
4) I’ve been reading loads more than usual lately so I had a good half an hour on the Kindle store finding free books that I wanted to read to download on my Kindle. I ended up with a good 15 books that I’m really looking forward to reading.
5) I tried making my own little homemade reed diffuser which I *think* is going to something I can share with you in the next week or so. It seems like a success right now but I only made it on Tuesday night so I want to make sure that it lasts a little longer than three days before I share it with you.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 30,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.