I first learnt how to make this a few years ago at a blogging event and I loved it so much that I ordered the ginger and lime essential oils from eBay I think it was as soon as I got home.
I made it regularly after than but then my oils ran out and I never got around to buying more until recently when our local chemist had a selection on sale. I bought a couple and I’m going to make a batch as soon as I have more than two minutes to myself!
It’s a really lovely body scrub that not only smells great but the ginger and lime oils that I use also leave you feeling lovely and refreshed. You can use any essential oils you fancy depending on what scent you want your scrub to have – I’ve always stuck to ginger and lime because I love the zinginess (new word alert ;-)).
Homemade ginger and lime body scrub
- Brown sugar
- Normal white sugar
- Olive oil (any oil is fine for your base oil but olive oil is great)
- Essential oils – I used ginger and lime
- A suitable airtight container
- Start by adding 1 tablespoon of each of the sugars into your container and cover with oil.
- Stir it together and then add 6 drops of essential oil. You can combine the oils however you want to but I used 3 drops of lime to 3 drops of ginger.
- Mix it together well and then repeat the process until your container is full or you have the amount you want to make.
- By the time you have added your final layer, you should have a thin layer of oil about the surface mixes sugars to stop it from drying out.
(PS) As always, be careful spraying when using Essential Oils. This post shares a bit of information about what you should know before using essential oils.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page