This Spicy Gingerbread Lip Scrub is exactly what you need to give your lips a bit of a treat!
At this time of year, my lips always seem to get super dry and often a little bit chapped but this Spicy Gingerbread Lip Scrub is perfect to soothe them and to stop them drying out! It’s also easy to make and used things that I bet you have in your kitchen cupboards so you won’t even have to go out and buy anything!
What you need to make your own homemade spicy gingerbread lip scrub
- 100g brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil (in its liquid form)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Both Ginger and Cinnamon can cause a little bit of tingling so I’ve only recommended using ¼ of a teaspoon of each bit if I’m honest, I know I personally make this with ½ teaspoon of each as I don’t mind the tingly feeling.
How to make your homemade spicy gingerbread lip scrub
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until they’re combined
- Save in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- You can store your gingerbread lip scrub in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Just give it a quick stir each time you use it as the oils may separate slightly when it’s stood.
How to use your spicy gingerbread lip scrub
- Wet your lips with warm water.
- Scoop out a penny-sized amount of your scrub.
- Gently rub the scrub onto your lips for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove with a warm washcloth and rinse gently – I like to leave a little of the oil on my lips to soak in a bit.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Why not pin this post for later?