Remember my homemade pink prosecco gummy bear jelly sweets? They taught me a valuable lesson in life – that you can add gelatin (or vege-gel) to pretty much everything and you’ll end up with a jelly. Sooooo, I thought we could investigate making some homemade bath jelly and the results were fab!
Homemade Bath Jelly is my new favourite thing – the possibilities are endless as you make it using your own favourite body wash. It’s also an excellent excuse to use up all that shower gel and body wash that you’re probably accumulating in the cupboard under your sink.
I made one using a free shower gel that I got in a set with my favourite perfume and it was honestly AMAZING!
How to make Homemade Bath Jelly
- Pour the gelatin or vege-gel into a measuring jug (I mix mine in a jug to make it easier to pour into the moulds when you’re done).
- Add the boiling water slowly making sure that you stir constantly so the gelatin doesn’t clump up as you add it. Keep stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved in the water.
- Add your body wash to the water and mix it in completely.
- If you’re adding food colouring, now’s the time to do it. Just add 5 to 10 drops to get the colour you’re after.
- Slowly pour into your molds filling to the top – I have a silicone ice cube tray which is perfect but somewhere in the depths of my garage I also have this mould which would be perfect.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.