Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) I not only get to start today’s post with a lovely bunch of cheap flowers, but they’re also my favourite kind of cheap flowers – tulips!
And the reason they were only 59p? Because this little guy was looking a bit worse for wear. 😂
He was past saving I’m afraid but the rest of the bunch were perfect!
2) Remember my bathroom makeover where I used some sticky back plastic on the bathroom cabinet? Well, I just did a similar makeover on Miss Frugal’s bedside cabinet with the other piece that I got at the same time and it looks AMAZING!
It was very slightly bumpy before the makeover as she’d spilt something on there a while ago that made up a bit but that’s mostly hidden as you can’t see the little bumps unless you’re really looking for them when you’re stood in front of the cabinet – I’m pretty sure my phone has just decided to highlight every single bump and air bubble in this picture though!
Anyway, I now have a small piece of this style left and a small amount of the darker grey so I’m on the lookout for my next makeover!
3) I know I mentioned the Joie reusable silicone bags that I use to store food in just a couple of weeks ago so forgive me for mentioning them again so soon but I’m so pleased with this week’s bargain that I had to share. I bought this set of six for £6 from Tesco and because I used them so much, I bought a second set on Amazon as my small local Tesco had sold out of them.
They’re so handy and most of mine are currently in the freezer filled with Instant Pot Shredded Chicken and mini egg muffins so I wanted to invest in another set of six so when I did my weekly shop, I checked to see if they were back in stock and found these sitting next to them.
They’re very similar but open out a bit more and have a clip seal as well as being freezer and microwave proof. They were reduced from £5 for a set of two down to £1.75 so I bought three sets! I’ve started using them already – I’ve got one that has some leftover pasta in it and another one in the freezer that has some crusty baguette in which I’ll use to make breadcrumbs at some point.
4) I bought some new rechargeable batteries this week as the ones Master Frugal has don’t seem to be holding their charge as well as they used to – not surprising as they’re his Xbox controller batteries and they much have been charge literally hundreds of times since we bought them a couple of years ago!
I’ve downgraded the old ones so they’ll be used in random things like the kitchen scales or clocks that don’t need much battery power so they’ll not go to waste.
5) I forgot to take my shopping bags into the shop when I went to the shop the other day for my weekly shop. I realised when I was unloading my shopping at the checkout so I didn’t even have time to run back out to the car to get them but instead of buying bags for life, I popped my shopping back into the trolley and wheeled it back to the car when I transferred it into my bags.
I bought a couple of these super cute foldable shopping bags a while ago and they fold so flat that I can fit them into even my smallest handbags which makes it so much easier to keep one with me.
I probably saved myself a £1 this week on not buying bags which isn’t a huge amount but add that up over a year and it starts to build up – and to be honest, the moneysaving here is just an added bonus as this one is about being more sustainable and better for the planet. That makes me sound a bt
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve almost hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one: