Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) This week, I’ve worked from the office rather than home four days out of five which has meant an 80-mile round trip daily for me. I’ve saved myself some money by car sharing every day so I only actually drove myself twice – that alone cut my petrol spend in half.
2) I’ve also used a website to check out the petrol prices for my local petrol stations to make sure when I was filling up, I was paying as little as possible – you’d be surprised at the variation in prices when you take the time to look around.
I usually use PetrolPrices.com and check the five or six petrol stations nearest to me so I can compare prices but this last week or so, not all the local petrol stations have had up-to-date prices so I’ve just gone with what is on there for now. I’ll see if it fixes itself but if not, I might have to look around for an alternative.
3) I took in my own cans of Pepsi Max to work which isn’t a huge thing I know but I buy 24 cans for £7.50 which works out to 31p a can and they sell at work for 85p a can. I know I drink too much of the stuff but I would usually have two cans throughout my work day which is a saving of £1 a day for every day when I’m in the office.
4) With the energy price increases, I’ve decided to get rid of the freezer in my garage to save some money. I’ve estimated (very roughly) that mine costs me £100+ a year to run which is expensive when I have my fridge freezer and a small under-counter freezer already in my kitchen. Now that it’s just me and Master Frugal at home, I think we can easily manage without the tall upright freezer we have in the garage so I’ve emptied it and given it away.
5) I listed about twenty items on Vinted last weekend which took me way longer than it should have by the time I factored in watching Tik Tok, scrolling on Facebook and doing just about anything else that I could do to avoid actually listing the items. I’ve sold five items so far and got them posted out last night and have hopes of selling some more this weekend. You can see how to sell on Vinted here if you fancy giving it a go yourself.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Do your future self a favour – Pin this post for later!