Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
Before I start, I did share a post last month about the reasons why I’ve been a bit MIA lately if you want to pop over and have a read. It hopefully explained a lot about what’s been going on and definitely explains why I’ve gone right back to basics when it comes to budgeting and money-saving. I shared that post and then felt super motivated about starting to post again on here but I got a nasty comment that threw me massively. I’m feeling better about it now but it made me want to shut my laptop and never open it again at the time.
Because it has been a little while, I’m going to share a few things from over the last month rather than just this week…
1) I bought a Spar Too Good To Go Magic bag for £3 one Sunday night a couple of weeks ago and came home with this little lot. We had a very lovely random picky tea with this little assortment although I did freeze the chicken and the macaroni cheese – the chicken has since been used in a pasta bake but the macaroni cheese was AWFUL! One mouthful and it went in the bin. 🙂
You can find out more about what you can expect in a Too Good To Go Magic Bag here if you’re interested and want to try the app yourself!
2) Like so many people, I’ve started to use my car less for smaller journeys and am now even more conscious than ever that even a couple of pence difference between different petrol stations can make a difference! It’s not just how much I pay for my petrol that’s on my mind though – I also drive differently so I’m more fuel efficient.
I’m not going to lie, I drive an Audi and I love a bit of Sport Mode which gives me more acceleration and makes the car nippier as a whole! I’m all about the Eco Mode these days though and drive at a much more steady and consistent speed to save myself a bit of fuel.
I do miss my Sport Mode though so every now and again, I treat myself to a sportier drive to work.
3) This Pot Noodle was at the back of my cupboard and has been since well before it went out of date earlier this year! I’m not a huge Pot Noodle fan myself but it was there in the food cupboard gathering dust so I decided to give it a go and have it for lunch one day last week.
It wasn’t amazing but it did it’s job and kept me going until I finished work and could make my tea.
So two things here – dig to the back of your cupboard and use stuff up and also, know the difference between your best before dates and your use by dates. You can absolutely still eat things when they are past the best before date on the pack so don’t be throwing it away!
4) Did I already show you this photo?
I’m trying so hard to cut back on the Pepsi Max that I drink to save some money so I’ve been buying oranges and slicing them to go into a bottle of water with some mint to take to work with me so I still have something nice to drink. I take the time to slice the whole pack of oranges at once and freeze the slices so I can make this in seconds on a morning!
Don’t get me wrong, I still drink Pepsi Max but I drink less so I don’t need to buy as much which is a bonus!
5) I know he’s not looking amazing but our little Buddy has had a haircut courtesy of me!
I always sat that the reason I cut his hair is as much about him being happy as it is about saving money as I started doing it as he’s not a fan of the groomers but it’s saved me a fortune over the years as he’s a Bichon Frise which means that groomers charge extra – I used to pay £30 plus for a cut for him and he always came home looking a bit embarrassed at how groomed he looked.
These days, he doesn’t look very Bichon-like after a cut by me but he’s happy and I save money so we’ll take that as a win!
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Do your future self a favour – Pin this post for later!