Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
I feel like this week has been quite a frugal week without me even trying particularly hard – I love it when that happens!
1) I went to make some Pizza Chips earlier this week and realised that I had no tomato puree which is pretty essential to the recipe. I considered going to the shop to get some but decided against it because (a) I knew I’d buy more than just the tomato puree as I always do when I go for ‘just one thing’ and (b) it was cold, wet and windy outside.
That left me with two choices – I was either going to have to make them without the tomato puree which made me sad or abandon the pizza chips idea altogether which made me even sadder. 😉
As I was contemplating my options, Miss Frugal casually pointed out that I could make my own if I blended a tin of chopped tomatoes!
No idea why I couldn’t have figured that one out for myself but at least I got my pizza chips without a trip to the shop where I’d have absolutely spent more than I meant to. Also, I made a double portion so I had some for tea and a portion leftover for lunch the next day.
2) Master Frugal has been away skiing this week so I’ve given his room a mini makeover. I’ve not spent much money at all to be fair but the one thing I wanted to tell you about was his curtains which cost less than £20.
So… I bought myself an iPhone charging station that I bought myself with some vouchers when Miss Frugal gave (yes, gave) me her Apple Watch. I wasn’t a huge fan of it because even though it looked great on my bedside cabinet, it was quite fiddly to get the phone onto the little sticky out charger bit so I packed it back up and left it in the box while I made up my mind whether to keep it.
Yesterday morning, I found some cheap curtains on Amazon which I was just about to order when I remembered about the charger that I had to return. I quickly went through the returns process on the Amazon site and got given a QR code to take into my local Next with the package to return it. I can’t believe how easy it was as they say you don’t have to wrap it back up or even print any labels out – you just literally hand it over to the lady at the till and show her the QR code on your phone and they do the rest for you.
By the time I got home, there was a refund of £20 already back on my Amazon account so I got to order the curtains using that credit and they’re currently winging their way to me with an expected delivery of between 1 pm and 5 pm today.
3) I saw some trousers that I loved in Roman Originals last weekend but for some reason, I didn’t actually buy them – a decision I regretted pretty much straight away as they were a great price for a pair of trousers I knew I’d get a lot of wear out of.
I went home and found them online and I can’t remember if I signed up for their newsletter or if I added them to my basket but didn’t actually check out straight away – whatever it was that I did, I got an email offering me 20% for my first order which took them down from £22 to £17.60.
4) I’ve sold a couple of things on Facebook Marketplace this week. Nothing much but I had some Ikea units that I no longer needed in Master Frugal’s bedroom along with a set of drawers and some other random bits and bobs.
I didn’t make much (this photo is from last year’s car boot sale so don’t be fooled) but I made more than I would have done if we’d taken the things to the tip or to the charity shop so anything is a win.
5) I’ve had some time off this week so I made some of my Homemade Febreze using the last of my peach passion Zoflora. Sadly, it really is the last of it this time though – I thought I’d ran out before and then found some in the bathroom cupboard which made me happier than it probably should have.
And yes, I know it’s a bit of an extravagant bottle but I bought it years ago for a room spray that I was making and I decided to use it this time for my Febreze. You can’t have too many pretty things in your life. 😉
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.