June is a hugely busy month for me so I’m taking a few minutes today to write down the things I want to achieve because I have a feeling if I don’t have something down in writing, I’ll be sat here in a month’s time having achieved nothing I needed to do!
- As we’re finally debt free, I want to be good and start overpaying our mortgage by as much as we can. I’ve got a standing order set up for payday to overpay every month but I also plan to pay any extra money in when I can – something that I’m imagining won’t happen this month thanks to our busy month.
- We’re going back to basics with our food budget and will withdraw cash out of the bank at the start of each week to cover the week’s food shopping. I’m not sure if we’ll fully go back to using the cash envelope system right now but we’re definitely using it for food shopping.
Life and Home Intentions
Before I go into this too much, let me explain why we’re so busy this month. I’m off to San Fransisco in a few hours (Edited: I wrote this at the airport yesterday actually but thanks to a delay, my battery died and my charger was in my suitcase – long story short, I’m now here) and will be there until Thursday. When I get back I’m at an Ed Sheeran concert on Sunday and then the following Thursday Miss Frugal and I are off to see The Script and then the Saturday of that week we’re off to see Beyonce. So in the next two weeks, I have a LOT on!
I booked Ed Sheeran a year ago almost and The Script was a Christmas present whereas Beyonce was only booked a little while ago after my Dad died as we thought it would be a nice thing to treat Miss Frugal to but I didn’t think it through in my head that they were all so close together. Add the last-minute San Fransisco trip to the mix and my head is a little battered at the moment with thinking of everything I need to do.
Now, do you see why I need a list? 😉
- I have a greenhouse now, just a little one but it’s something that I’m really looking forward to filling with lots of things – I have no idea what though just yet so I want to spend some time this month doing a little bit of research and also making the greenhouse look pretty. I’ll share more on that soon though hopefully.
- I want to get some balance back in my life, for years I managed to blog, work and have lots of fun with the kids but lately, I’ve been struggling to fit it all in and I need to change that. The first couple of weeks of the month are only going to make me feel worse about this as I’m not going to be able to do it all but after that, I’m on a mission. I have no idea how I’m going to achieve this but better time management is top of the list. I feel like I’ve let a lot go this last 18 months or so and it doesn’t make me feel great – when I’m on top of everything I feel great and I want that feeling back.
- I want to find some sort of agility class to take Monty too as we’ve been told he would love it and it that it would do him a lot of good.
I rarely set myself blog goals of blog to-do lists because I feel as though that takes the fun out of blogging for me a little bit but I’m conscious that I need to do a little blog housekeeping so I can get that work-life-blog balance back.
I went to the Flea retreat in April and it really reignited my love for blogging but also made me want to go one step further. I have some exciting projects underway at the moment that you’ll find out about in due course if they pan out but even aside from those, I want to create more. That’s probably not going to have much of an effect on the blog (although you may have noticed more DIY style posts) but I think that will be more on Instagram and maybe on YouTube if I can master it.
- Instagram is my favourite place on the internet after this blog and of course, Pinterest. I haven’t been too active on there recently as I feel like I’ve lost my way a little bit by looking at other people’s pretty feeds and wanting that myself. I still lust after the pretty but I’m going to try and find myself again and balance pretty with reality on there and the first place I’m starting is with Instastories. I’m going to share more of our daily life on there and you never know, I might even point the camera at myself every now and again (of course, I might not).
- I also want to share more about the frugal side of our life – I know that doesn’t always make for interesting and pretty blog posts but it’s what I’m about and oddly enough, being debt free makes me more determined than ever to be frugal. It’s not just about money though, I want to show you what I’m growing and what I’m making and doing to live a more natural, homemade life. I’m far from perfect though so there’ll still be lots of travel posts too – after all, that’s travelling is one of the reasons we try and save money!
- Right now I have no idea what to expect from my trip to Pinterest but I’ll share as much as I’m allowed to about what I learn.
I think that’s probably enough for now – wish me luck!
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. You can find out more about me here.