Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
Last Sunday morning, I was pedalling away on my exercise bike in the kitchen (because having it where I have to literally walk around it to let the dogs out in the garden is the biggest reminder to actually go on it) when I was trying to think of anything other than the fact that my legs were dead and I still had another 6km to go to get to my target of 20km and I saw a few things that I snapped while I was on the bike that saved me some money.
So here’s five things I’ve done to save money from the viewpoint of my exercise bike… 😂
1) First up, I’m loving flavoured water at the moment, especially my homemade mint and orange water but I’ve drunk that much that I’m all out of oranges and my mint plant is looking a bit bare so I made myself a plain old lemon water with some wedges of ice, lemon wedges and tap water.
It’s not as nice as my orange and mint but it did the job and didn’t involve me opening a can of Pepsi Max or buying a bottle of flavoured water.
2) In the background of the photo of my water above, can you see the pan on the hob? That was me batching cooking a big pan of Spicy Arrabbiata sauce to pop in the freezer for meals over the next couple of weeks.
I had none left in the freezer from the last batch I made but I’d planned one night’s tea to be Prawn Pasta Arrabbiata so I wanted to get a head start on the sauce.
3) I know it looks like I’ve got a Belvita and Coco Pops obsession but it’s because they’re both things I buy often and they were on offer. The big box of coco pops is the one that’s almost empty and when I went to add one to my online shop, I got a pop up saying it was on offer so I got two for either £2 or £3 whereas one was £1.99 0r £2.99 – I can’t remember which but basically two boxes were a penny more than one box as they were on offer.
The Belvita breakfast biscuits are again something I buy all the time so when I saw they were half price, I stocked up.
4) One thing you can’t see but was something I could hear from my bike was the washing machine which I was giving a clean using some soda crystals on a 90 c wash.
I did share how I clean my washing machine a little while ago if you want to see what my routine is like.
5) And again, back to the first photo, you’ll see my meal plan board attached to the side of the fridge with this week’s meal plan written on it. I try and update this every week as it keeps me on track. Here’s my meal plan for this last week…
I’ve stuck to this pretty much this week but did swap out the Dirty fries and Cajun chicken to chicken in some of the Arrabbiata sauce which was amazing. I just moved the prawn dish to last night so we weren’t eating such similar meals two nights running although to be honest, I wouldn’t have minded at all.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉