Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) This is the oddest little bunch of flowers but I got them reduced this week so thought I’d share them with you as the first thing I’ve done to save some money this week. I love fresh flowers but I love them even more when they’re reduced so this little £1.29 bargain are making me smile right now. They were definitely worse for wear when I bought them and not all of the flowers made it into the vase as they were beyond saving but the ones I saved are currently brightening up a corner of my kitchen.
2) And the vase itself in the photo above was a pre-loved bargain buy from my local charity shop and cost me the grand total of £1.50 which is fantastic as I know I’ll get so much use out of it. I don’t have an actual vase which is something I’ve always been good with as I have loads of different things that I use as a vase but when I saw this I had to have it.
3) I’ve been dying to go into the new walled garden that’s opened up near me and have a good wander round but I’ve never had chance although I’ve been for a quick peak when I did a flower arranging class a couple of weeks ago.
Today it was free to get in to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee so I decided to pop down and have a good look around. It was lovely but if I’m honest, I would have been a bit dissappointed as it’s quite bare at the moment as the plants they’ve planted are still establishing themselves.
I’m glad I went and had a look around though and I’ll definitely go back again later in the Summer to see it in it’s glory.
4) This one is a reminder to turn notifications on for any store cards that you’ve downloaded the apps for. I got a ping on my phone to tell me I had a treat waiting for me in M&S and when I had a look it was a free pack of organic bananas – I called in on the way home and picked them up as I was driving past anyway.
5) Tesco had a full shelf filled with packs of ready prepped butternut squash and sweet potato so I bought six and as we speak, I’m roasting it in batches ready to make a version of my butternut squash carbonara.
I’ll freeze it in batches ready to use whenever I need it!
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Do your future self a favour – Pin this post for later!