Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) I would absolutely love to be able to show you the contents of this Starbucks Too Good To Go Magic Bag but they didn’t make it home so I’m going to need to tell you about it and you’ll just have to trust me. 😂
First of all, I know there are lots of lovely new readers here this week so if you’re not sure what Too Good To Go is, have a read of this post. It’s basically a free app that allows you to buy unsold food at super-reduced prices from local shops, cafes, bakeries, and restaurants in your local area at the end of each day to save it from being thrown away.
I was at the Metro Centre with the kids and we decided to have a look at the app and see if any of the shops there had any Magic Bags available as it was quite late in the day. We managed to get our hands on a Starbucks Magic Bag which pleased the kids no end! We picked it up from the drive-thru on the way home and were lucky enough to get a huge croissant, a cookie, a Christmas muffin, and two sandwiches – not bad for £3.09. 😂
2) I usually make my own homemade bird feeders in some enamel mugs that I’ve been using for years but the storm last month not only knocked my greenhouse over, it also blew my mugs away. I didn’t want to replace the lost mugs with glass or china ones for obvious reasons so I’ve bought these reusable bird feeders for £1 each – they’re actually just half a coconut with a rope loop to hang it with and once the birds have emptied them, I’ll just refill them with my own mix for as long as I can keep reusing them.
I’ve got three hanging from the tree in my front garden so I’m now keeping the birds happy on a budget. 😂
3) And because the little things really do add up, I just wanted to show you this…
It’s one of my bags for life which I keep in the boot of my car (and yes, I also keep my wellies in there too) so I always have it with me when I go to the shops and although I don’t remember to take them in every time, I’m definitely better than I used to be.
It still surprises me when I see people doing their full shop and buying 5-6 bags to put their shopping in, just imagine if they do that weekly? The paper ones in Morrisons are 30p a bag which I think is pretty average as far as the cost of them goes so that means 5 a week would be £1.50 extra on top of your shopping – which is £78 a year. That’s more than some people actually spend on their weekly shop!
4) I spent a lovely half an hour topping up my Kindle this week with a combination of books from the Free Kindle Bestsellers list and books from Kindle Unlimited. And I now can’t wait to work my way through them all now.
I can’t wait to be on a beach somewhere with nothing to do other than reading and sipping cocktails.
5) I’ve just checked on how much money I’ve transferred to my bank account so far this month from selling clothes (and a pair of boots) on Vinted and it’s just over £30 which is much more than I’ve spent on clothes this month. My goal was to spend less on clothes than I made from selling them and I’m doing well so far. 😇
I love a good charity shop bargain but I have a one in, one out rule so if I buy something, I either list something for sale on Vinted or add something to my donate to charity box.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one: