Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
I’ve not been very good at all posting lately, have I?
In fairness, I’ve had a few distractions that I’m going to tell you about one of these days but for now, just know that I have a lot going on. I’m going to try and get back into a bit of a rhythm again and have some time this weekend to make a few blog plans but until then, here’s this week’s post!
1) OK, I know I keep going on about this one but oh my goodness, why did I not know about Airtime Rewards way sooner?
I think it was the start of April when I overheard a conversation at work about it and after a bit of research, I signed up and have been doing pretty much nothing other than my usual spending ever since – which is the beauty of this app because despite doing very little after registering, I’ve just redeemed another £10.00 off my mobile phone bill!
As a reminder, if you’ve missed the previous 55 times I’ve raved about Airtime Rewards since I discovered it, it’s a completely free app that you download onto your phone which you connect your bank cards (perfectly safe and regulated) which is as simple as just scanning your card or typing in the details – no faffing about with authorising via your bank’s app or anything like that. Once you’ve connected at least one card, you’ll earn some money back from participating retailers when you spend with them using that card. That money then accumulates and can be redeemed to reduce your phone bill. There’s more in my post if you’re a detail kind of person but that’s it in essence. 😂
Get yourself to the Apple Store or Google Play right now before you do anything else and download the app! If you use my refer a friend code then we’ll both get a cheeky bonus if you spend on your connected card in the first seven days – ECBBDBYY
2) Look at these beautiful flowers?
I treated myself to them last weekend when I saw them in the reduced bucket and I’m so pleased I did! They were £1.29 for five stems and the flowers were closed right up with the outer petals looking a bit worse for wear but when I came downstairs on Monday morning, this was the sight that greeted me.
3) I gave my monthly budget the once-over on Monday night after work which is something I aim to do once a month but actually end up doing much less frequently. It really should be done after every payday to set yourself up for the month but I just end up putting it off most months.
It was a quick review and I didn’t use my monthly budget planner but I still cancelled a couple of subscriptions that I’d signed up for with free or reduced trials. It also reminded me to change my Wild Deodorant subscription back a month as I haven’t used up everything I already had and I’ve increased the length of time between deliveries now so it should work better for me.
4) I’ve had a week where we’ve had random meals from the freezer just to empty it out of all the bits and bobs that we seem to have accumulated. It’s been a bit chaotic here for the last few weeks (which I will get to at some point) so meal planning has definitely not been on the to-do list. I don’t know why meal planning is the first thing that I let slide when I know that just a few minutes on a Sunday planning genuinely saves me so much time and energy through the week.
Anyway, we’ve emptied a lot of the freezer with our random meals and we’re ready to start from scratch when we do our shopping over the weekend.
5) I also decided I needed to get much better at packed lunches, even when I’m working from home as it’s too easy to go downstairs and raid the kitchen which isn’t good for my bank balance or my waistline as I rarely make good choices when I’m hungry and only have a few minutes between calls to make and eat something.
For home, I’ve had Mason Jar salads prepped at the weekend and for the office this week I got some leftovers ready to take in but was so focused on. taking this photo of my fruit water that I left the tub in the fridge!
I ended up having them for tea so they weren’t wasted but that photo above cost me £3.50 as I had to buy a wrap at work instead. I wouldn’t care but I forgot to even send the photo to my friend until I’ve just come across it again on my phone now. 😂 I was trying to show off my organisational skills taking my own water to work and ended up leaving my lunch!!!
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Do your future self a favour – Pin this post for later!