Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) The M&S food hall near us has started to do big bags of bananas that are about to turn for 25p later on a night – usually when I’m out on a driving lesson with Miss Frugal so twice this week we’ve practised parking in the car park outside M&S and then I’ve ran in and bought a bag of bananas!
They’re fab for two days and each bag has enough in for two banana smoothies and some banana bread or banana muffins.
2) Last weekend, I was away in Leeds for a hen weekend and I had such a good time with some super lovely people. We did quad biking, axe throwing and crossbow which are definitely not things I would usually do but I actually really enjoyed it.
I’m not going to lie, quad biking was a challenge for my short arms but I did it and felt really good about it afterwards.
Anyway, on the train journey home I spent two hours doing a bit of life organisation – I added my Tesco card and Nectar card to my Apple wallet as I’ve missed out on points with them recently as I don’t carry a purse with me half the time these days. I used Trello to plan our weekly meals and then did my shopping online.
3) I recently discovered the Lidl bakery and their pizza slices are a new favourite food in our house – Master Frugal is a fan of the plain ones, Miss Frugal is a vegetable slice kind of girl and I’m all about the goat’s cheese and pesto pizza person.
I can buy three pizzas for just over £2, heat them up at home and serve them with some homemade wedges and salad and it’s actually a really nice easy tea.
They’re a fab alternative to homemade pizza every now and again – less hassle, smaller portions and ridiculously easy to put together a nice meal. Obviously, homemade pizza would be cheaper and that’s always going to be my first option but this is a much easier and reasonably priced alternative for me when I finish work at the end of the day and want something quick and easy before the kids lose interest in having tea with me.
4) Ah, I know I mentioned the bargain bananas but can I use them again? I made an avocado and banana hair mask this week with one of them.
It’s the last pretty thing to look at but it actually does my hair the world of good when I use it every now and again.
5) This last one is a bit boring but I spent less than I had budgeted for at the weekend so I paid the extra off my mortgage instead of treating myself to the new shoes I really wanted. 😂
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉