1) I had to cut the crusts off some bread on Sunday morning to make our favourite family treat breakfast – Nutella French Toast Roll Ups. Rather than waste the crusts, I’ve popped them in the freezer as I’ll be making some homemade fishcakes next week (if I stick to the meal plan I have in mind) and the crusts will make great breadcrumbs to coat them in.
2) I invested in some new microfiber cloths from B and Q which were a bargainous 3 for £1 (as they are in the pound shops I think). Microfiber cloths are honestly amazing and they’re an essential part of my cleaning kit! They’re so versatile and can be used for cleaning, wiping and dusting just about everything in the house and when I’m done, I pop them in the washing machine ready and wash them ready for another day.
3) I sold an Orla Kiely bag that I bought using vouchers a few years ago on eBay. I’d bought it as I loved Orla Kiely and it was the smallest, therefore the most affordable, bag in the range but it really was too small to actually be any good to me. I sold the bag for £40 which was brilliant and a fair bit more than I was expecting. I sold a small camcorder that we bought Miss Frugal a few years ago through our local Facebook selling site for £30. We’d bought it from eBay when it was listed as ‘used once’ for £70 when the exact same model was selling in Currys for £149 and it really was in immaculate condition so to sell it for what we did two years just made it an even better bargain.
4) I’ve managed to take a packed lunch to work every day this week which is a big achievement believe me! I’ve been struggling lately to find the time on a night to make a packed lunch but this week I’ve done it every day! I’ve had pasta with pesto, cous cous, a turkey and houmous panini, leftover lasagna and a jacket potato with the last of the leftover lasagna on it.
5) I had a go at dying some fabrics with everyday kitchen ingredients last week and the results were brilliant. The two pans you can see in the above photo are filled with turmeric and red cabbage and both worked really well for what I wanted. You can read more about how I did it and how they turned out here.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.