Oh my goodness, these Nutella french Toast roll ups are AMAZING!
We had them last week as a treat for our family breakfast before Miss Frugal and I set off for New York and we’ll definitely be having it again!
What you need to make four Nutella french Toast roll ups (we doubled this and had 2 each)
4 slices of bread with the crusts cut off.
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon (we add more as we love it to taste of cinnamon)
Enough Nutella to spread on the bread
- Mix the brown sugar and the cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Beat the egg in another small bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the slices of bread.
- Spread each of the sliced with Nutella and the roll them up swiss roll style.
- Dip it in the egg, pop into a lightly oiled pan and cook until all sides are cooked.
- As soon as it’s cooked, dip it in the sugar and cinnamon bowl and fully coat it in the sugar mix.
It’s a amazingly indulgent breakfast which is perfect for the odd treat but I don’t think you’d want to have it on a daily basis as it is very rich. It’s a great recipe for the kids to cook too as Master Frugal wandered in to the kitchen half way through me cooking these and ended up practically taking over!
If you liked this recipe for Nutella French Toast Roll Ups then you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.