1) I’ve been after some houseplants for a while now, nothing fancy, just something small to go on my kitchen windowsill. I don’t have a great record with plants to be honest though so I really didn’t want to pay too much but at the same time I wanted something that would look nice – I don’t want much, do I?
I found two little plants at Tesco last week though in the reduced section. They were clearly in the reduced section because they looked past the point of saving but at 25p each, I thought I’d buy them and see if I could bring them back from the dead. I decided it was highly unlikely but if the worst happened then I would at least have two very pretty little pots to use.
Look at them now! They’ve clearly got a long way to go on their recovery but I feel that we might make it as there’s definitely a lot more life in them than there was when I bought them. Wish us luck!
2) I’ve arranged a date with my friend when we’re going to have a car boot sale and this week I started a bit of a declutter challenge to help me get ready for it as well as clearing the house a little bit. You can follow along with the de-cluttering challenge in our lovely Spend less, Live better Facebook group. I have boxes set up in the garage to put things in as I go along so it should be easy enough on the day to get everything packed into the car.
3) Did you see my post earlier in the week where I shared how to cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker? I did mine on Sunday and made three meals out of a medium chicken. I used it for Sunday Dinner then on Monday I made some homemade chicken chow mein with some of the scrappy bits (it was more veg than chicken if I’m honest) and then I made homemade stock which i turned into chicken soup.
4) We’ve been taking full advantage of the free things we can do in our area so we haven’t spent much money on fun this week. We’re so lucky that we live so close to the beach and this week we rediscovered an old favourite from my childhood which is a bit of a hidden beach that I’d almost forgotten about until someone reminded me last weekend. It takes a bit longer to get to than the beach we usually go to which is about two minutes drive but it’s well worth the extra 10 minutes drive down a super narrow road (if you can call it a road) because it’s such a lovely place.
5) We’ve re-stocked our freezer smoothie packs this week because the kids have been smoothie mad all week and as much as it’s great that they want to drink healthy drinks, there’s no getting away from the fact that it can be expensive if you’re not careful. It definitely works out cheaper to buy and separate the fruit into little smoothie packs – especially if you manage to get some of the fruit reduced.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.