Welcome to the last ‘Five Frugal Things I’ve done this week’ post of 2015.
This week I’m not going to tell you any of the frugal things I’ve been up to and it’s not just because I can’t think of five to share with you. 😉
It’s actually because I want to tell you about five of the frugal things that I plan to do in 2016….
1. I’m going to continue to plan our meals on a weekly basis and more importantly, I’m going to stick to the plan more than I have done this year. When I don’t plan our meals I spend more when I go shopping so I need to make sure that I’m consistent with this to support number 2.
2. I want to try and cut our weekly shopping budget by 10% which is definitely do-able if I plan better. This is more about the meals that I choose for us than about sticking to the plan because there are some meals that are cheaper than others to prepare and I want to find more of these meals so we can eat just as well without spending as much.
3. I want to learn to crochet or to knit better so I can make snuggly throws and homemade presents like the ones I keep seeing in my Facebook and Instagram streams. I’m very jealous of you crafty lot and I want to join in. 😉
4. I’m going to make sure that I do all of the things I know I should be doing to save money because often, it’s all too easy to give you all ideas on what you should be doing and then forget to do them myself.
5. I want to have more money left over at the end of the month so I’m not waiting for payday to come around. I’m not exactly sure how I’m going to do this yet but I’ve made a start by re-doing our monthly budget so it’s bang up to date. There’s a few things that I can see immediately can go but I’m going to have to have a think about how to make a bigger difference to the money we have leftover each month.
What frugal or thrifty things do you plan to do this year?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio