I like to bake every Sunday to make sure that we have enough treats for our packed lunches through the week. I usually make something like packed lunch cake or some sort of muffins using my tried and tested muffin recipe but today I had some coconut milk to use up so I decided to pair it with some lime marmalade that’s been in my fridge for what seems like forever and make some lime and coconut muffins!
You can use any marmalade or jam (and probably even chocolate spread or peanut butter with this recipe but you might need to substitute the coconut milk with normal milk depending on what you decide to use.
Coconut and Lime Marmalade Muffins
50g sugar (I used brown but normal would work just as well with this)
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
50g melted butter
225ml coconut milk
9 tsp lime marmalade
This makes 9 good sized muffins – you could make more by using cupcake cases and making smaller cakes instead. Don’t forget to reduce the cooking time a little if you do this though.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Beat together the melted butter, coconut milk and egg in a jug.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients bowl and then pour in the milk mixture.
- Mix together until it’s just combined – don’t over mix it.
- Spoon some cake mix into each of your cupcake cases and then put a teaspoon of marmalade on top of each one. Cover with another spoonful of muffin mix.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake for around 15-20 minutes at 200 c.