Well, I never expected September to turn out the way it did!
It was such a dramatic month with Master Frugal’s concussion/burst appendix situation so the goals I set for myself weren’t as easy to achieve as I’d hoped so some of them might be making a return for October’s goals.
I shared my September Goals with you here if you want to have a read through of the full version but here’s a quick summary along with how well I did…
- Overpay my mortgage by £400 – DONE
- Pay the remaining balance of my trip to LA with Miss Frugal next month – DONE
- Make a plan for Christmas – NOT EVEN CLOSE
- Meal Plan, Meal Plan, Meal Plan – MEH
- Mobile phone costs review – DONE
- Sunday Night Family Nights – ONLY BECAUSE ONE TEEN CAN’T LEAVE THE HOUSE. 😉
- It’s Miss Frugal’s 16th Birthday this month – ONE SURPRISE PARTY ORGANISED FROM HOSPITAL!
- Bedroom Makeover – ABSOLUTELY NOT
- Kitchen Makeover – NOT EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT
- Taking Time – I’VE BARELY HAD TIME TO SIT DOWN, NEVER MIND SIT DOWN AND RELAX!
- Festival of Thrift – DONE
So, as you can see, it was a mixed bag as far as achieving my goals in September but ultimately I couldn’t care less as we could have been ending the month in a very different way as we had a pretty scary time with Master Frugal.
- I have a week away with Miss Frugal at the end of the month so I want to try and save as much money as possible through the month because every extra penny will be going towards our spending money.
- I don’t want to overstretch us so I’m only going to try and overpay our mortgage by £300 which is less than last month but still a good amount.
- I want to make a start on Christmas planning and make a plan for Christmas Day which I’m almost dreading as it’s my first Christmas without my Dad. Last Christmas was difficult as my Dad was struggling a lot after a second hip replacement operation and really wasn’t himself so it felt odd to be having fun if you know what I mean. I don’t want to spend a fortune but I do want to have a lovely old-fashioned family Christmas.
- I want to get my bedroom wall painted white which was something I planned for September but didn’t get around to.
- I have a radiator in my hall that I want to remove as it’s in an awkward place and means that I can’t get any sort of shoe storage.
- I want to get Master Frugal back to my happy and healthy boy. He’s spent way too much time either laid in bed or sat playing on his Xbox lately simply because there’s not much more that he’s comfortable doing. I’m trying to make sure he’s eating healthy and doing what I can for him to help him get back on his feet. Getting him back to school and caught up is going to be a challenge to I suspect but we’ll work on it.
- I also need to focus a little on Miss Frugal too as she’s definitely been put on the backburner so to speak with Master Frugal being ill and although we’ve tried to make sure we’ve given her plenty of love and attention but September was definitely more about him than her. She’s been amazing and I want her to know how much we value her!
- I’m planning an easy month after the way September turned out so I’m going to take plenty of time to relax and enjoy my family in October.
- There’s a new club that I’m thinking of joining which is something along the lines of the WI but a more modern versionif that makes sense. I can’t decide if I really want to do it yet though so watch this space!
Fingers crossed for a calmer month. 😉
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. You can find out more about me here.