When I wrote my January goals post last month I knew that I was going to have a difficult month but I still set myself quite a few targets for all areas of my life. I’m glad I did though because it really helped me to focus the little energy I had at times through the month on achieving some of the things I wanted to do but I definitely didn’t achieve all my goals by any means.
I’ve been back at work now for three weeks and although I love being back (am I the only person who loves their job?) I do think I possibly went back a little early. Despite feeling about a hundred times better than I’ve felt since my op in October, I’m still not right by any means and the last few weeks have been so tiring – I feel like I need to sleep for a week right now!
I’m definitely feeling a lot better though so I’m optimistic that by the end of Feb I’ll be back to being my old self again which is why my main goal for February is to take it easier than I have been and put less pressure on myself to do everything I know needs doing.
That’s got to be the best monthly goal ever hasn’t it? To do less of everything and relax more! That may well have to be an ongoing through the year even when I’m feeling 100% again. 😉
February Goals – Personal
Last month’s goals here were mainly about getting back to work, booking New York and getting back on the Slimming World wagon. I’m back at work, I booked New York and I started, then stopped and started, then stopped Slimming World.
My only real goal for February here is that I want to start Slimming World and manage to stick to it – my consultant did say it’s possibly not the best eating plan for me at this time but it’s the one I know works so I really want to try and figure out a way to make it work.
I do also want to try and catch up properly with some lovely friends as I’ve been a very bad friend over the last few months and totally neglected everyone.
February Goals – Home
Last month my goals were all about batch cooking and getting the house measured for new carpets so we could figure out how much we need to save to get it done this year. I did some batch cooking but didn’t get around to getting the house measured.
- I really want to try and get the rooms measured this month.
- I’m planning a photo wall in the kitchen so at the very least I want to choose the frames and photos I want.
- I’m planning to rearrange the dining room end of the kitchen and put some of the shelves we have there in the garage which is all tidied out right now. I was also toying with the idea of getting rid of my bureau just to make space but I think we’ve decided to use it in the living room instead. I want to get everything moved about and set up this month although I know that I’ll need to rely on Mr Frugal to do most of the work so I’ll have to be super nice to him.
February Goals – Money
I did OK with my money goals last month but I was especially pleased to have managed the overpayment of £200 that I was planning to make.
- This month I want to overpay by £200 again.
- I also want to finish paying for my New York trip and hopefully pay for our New York passes.
- With New York in mind, I need to get an idea of how much money we’ll need for food etc so I can start working out a budget. Miss Frugal has a goal in mind of $500 dollars for herself so she’s currently working away doing anything and everything to earn some money to get her closer to that target.
- Getting organised with packed lunches is a big goal for this month as I’d say about 50% of the time last month I was too tired to even contemplate making a packed lunch for work so I ended up buying food at work which definitely wasn’t in my budget.
What are your February goals?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.