I know I’ve said this many, many time before but I really do love New Year. Logically, the date on a calendar shouldn’t inspire me to want to improve things as much as they do but seeing as it does, I’m going to take full advantage and set myself some January goals while I’m feeling so motivated.
January Goals – Personal
- I want to get back to work this week and get myself settled back in. I’m in two minds about it because I’ve been off ill for so much of last year that I’m dreading it because there’s going to be so much to catch up on but excited because I really do enjoy my job.
- I want to get New York booked for my planned trip with Miss Frugal in April. She’s been desperate to get it booked but I kept putting it off until I was better but she’s been saving any money she’s been getting like mad and has $200 saved already so I must get that booked.
- I want to get back to Slimming World as I was doing so well at one point last year. The specialist told me that it wasn’t ideal while I was ill and just to try and concentrate on being healthy. I’ve just weighed myself and I’ve put on a couple of pounds which I’m OK with seeing as how much time I’ve spend in bed lately. 😉 I am excited to get back into it though and hoping that I can even do a bit of running again.
January Goals – Home
- January is always an expensive month so I’m probably not going to get the chance to do too much around the house this month but I want to at least get measured up for a new carpet for my living room, hall and stairs. I have no idea how much it will cost so if I at least get it measured then I can get some quotes. The carpet we have at the moment is the one we picked when we moved into this house and it’s in definite need of an update. We have a huge colourful rug on our living room floor that we’re not that keen on anymore but we can’t move it or it shows up just how awful the carpet is.
- I want to get as much batch cooking as possible done early in January because I think it’s going to be a difficult month with me settling back into work and I suspect there’s going to be a lot of days where I’m pretty tired.
January Goals – Money
I set aside some time yesterday to fill in the first few sections of my financial planner so I’ve already had a good thing about my money goals for January. Here’s what I’ve done….
- I’d like to reduce my weekly shopping budget to £80 a week as it’s increased massively whilst I’ve been off work with Mr Frugal in charge of the shopping more often than not. I’ve written a post for later this week about how much you should be spending on your weekly food shopping and I think you might find it quite interesting as I asked lots of other people to give their input too so keep your eyes out for that. £80 is my target per week and I’ll be using budgeting envelopes to make sure I keep on top of that (again, that’s a whole other post for later in the week ;-)).
- There’s a few extra expenses this month and a couple of ideas that I have to make some money to go towards them so hopefully they’ll be covered without any issues.
- I re-did my monthly budget planner yesterday
- I’d also like to overpay my debts by £200 more than I usually do which might be a bit ambitious in January but I’m going to have a go. Overpaying your debts – be it a mortgage, credit card or loan – is the quickest way to get it paid off and could often save you a fortune in interest so that’s a big goal for 2017 as a whole.
January Goals – Blog
- I’ve set myself some blogging targets for the year but I’m not going to share them on here because they’re probably of no interest to anyone but me. 😉 Needless to say, they’re all written down neatly in a shiny new notebook and I now just need to work out how I’m going to achieve each one which is my January blog goal.
- I want to make sure that I’m sharing my meal plan and at least 1 new recipe every week on my meal planning blog and I have an idea for a series to get other people involved too so I’ll be around on Facebook at some point to ask for your favourite family recipes.
- I want to try and get the word out about my financial planner as much as possible this month while so many people are trying to organise their finances for the year.
What are your January goals?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.