This microwave sponge pudding has been a family favourite for over ten years now and I'm certain that your family will love it as much as mine if you give it a go!
- 100g sugar
- 100g butter/margarine
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- Cream the sugar and the butter together.
- Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour and give it a good mix until it's fully combined.
- Then layer the bottom of a microwave-proof dish with jam - feel free to make it as jammy as you want.
- Pour your cake mix over the top and then cover.
- Pop in the microwave and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Mine is a 750w microwave and I usually cook it for around three and a half minutes checking it every 30 seconds after that.
- Serve with custard, cream or ice cream.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Do your future self a favour – Pin my microwave sponge pudding for later: