Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) My car insurance was due this week and my renewal quote was £433 for the basic policy which was much more than it was last year for no reason that I can tell. I did a bit of a price comparison and found a much better price with another company so I ended up paying £227. Add to that the fact that I used TopCashback so will get £40 cashback at some point in the future and I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself and my saving this week.
2) I have a few special occasions coming up and I found the cutest little set of bracelets at a charity shop last weekend marked down to 50p. They’re nothing special but I really like them and I think they’ll look nice on a night out if I ever get one. 😂
I know it’s not a great photo but I noticed Monty watching me and ended up focusing on him and not the bracelets.
3) Couscous lunches are still a thing and long may they be when they cost about 30p for a tasty, filling meal. This was Wednesday’s lunch made with some Quorn sausages leftover from Tuesday night’s tea and a Miso soup flavour sachet that Master Frugal took out of some Itsu noodles the night before as he prefers to make his own flavours using the spices we have in.
I know I always say this but it genuinely tasted amazing!
4) I’ve collected a few vouchers from the side of Kellogg’s cereal packets recently that should get us a couple of cheaper days out in the Summer when things do get back to normal. 🤞
I have two of these so far which will help now that both kids will be classed as adults now for entry prices.
5) One of my friends was telling me about how they’d had their car valeted by someone that came to their house and it made me want a sparkly clean car so, despite the heat this week, I cleaned mine out after work on Monday night so now I have a sparkly clean car without paying for a valet. I’m not going to lie, it was that warm that I wished I had paid someone for most of the time I was doing it but once I was done, I did feel a bit smug that I’d done it myself.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉