Oh my goodness, you are in for a treat if you try this coconut cake because it is genuinely the most amazing cake I’ve made in a long time!
I can’t say enough just how lovely this cake tastes and how easy it is to make! It’s even nicer than the avocado brownies I shared last week and they were pretty amazing!
What you need to make my Amazing Coconut Cake
200g butter or margarine
175g self-raising flour
50g desiccated coconut
For the topping – 2-3 tablespoons jam, coconut to sprinkle
Pre-heat the oven to around 180c
- Cream together the sugar and the margarine until they’re light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat the mixture until it’s combined.
- Add the flour and the coconut and give it a good mix until it’s all mixed together.
- Pour into a greased baking tray and pop in the oven for around 20-25 minutes until you can stick a knife it and it comes out clean.
- When the cake is cool, warm the jam in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then using the back of a spoon, spread the jam on the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top of the jam, and voila, you have the most delicious yummy cake ever!
If you liked this recipe for amazing coconut cake you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram