1) When I cleared out Master Frugal’s room this week I realised that there was a huge amount of Lego that he never played with any more plus various other toys from other the years. I made some of it into a pen pot holder to go on his desk and I’m so pleased with it. It was really easy to make – I just used a small flat Lego board from one of his kits and built up around it to the height I wanted which turned out to be 12 layers.
2) We made our own Fathers Day cards using nothing but paper and sharpies – no special equipment or talent needed here. I can’t reveal them before the big day in case Mr Frugal spots them but they’re pretty cool. 😉
3) I bought some photo paper from the pound shop to print out some of Master Frugal’s favourite memories for his room makeover. Photo paper can be so expensive but the quality of the one at the pound shop is as good as the more expensive versions to my untrained eye! I didn’t buy pound shop frames as I wanted bright red but I did find some cheap ones at our local Tesco.
4) I went suitcase shopping for Master Frugal last weekend as he needed a suitcase for his school residential and the only one we have that’s halfway decent was way too big and actually has Mr Frugal’s old PC tower stored in in at the moment. I searched all over and even tried Asda and Matalan but the best price for what looked to be good quality was actually at Tesco – I sound like an ad for Tesco today don’t I?
I bought his suitcase for £24 which was a great price compared to the other prices I was seeing and I also bought one for Miss Frugal that was either priced wrong or was an amazing deal as similar ones were selling for £70+ whereas this was just £30.
5) I cooked some chicken on the day it was due to go out of date as I hadn’t used it (thanks to a bargain piece of brisket) and I didn’t want to waste it. I don’t like putting chicken in the freezer so close to it going out of date so I cooked it to use up the next day in pasta salads for our lunches.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our five frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peek….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio