Slimming World – Syn free chickpea dahl loaf….

I’ve been following the Slimming World diet for a few months now and although it’s not going as well as it was at the start (due to an all inclusive holiday and lots of picnics in the Summer Holidays, I am back on track now and am pleased with my weight loss so far.

I tried on the dress I wore for the MADS last year and found it was two sizes too big and the dress I bought for the MADS award ceremony earlier in the Summer now has tobe pulled in a little with a belt so I’m definitely seeing a difference since I started.

One of my favourite syn free Slimming World snacks is chickpea dahl loaf which is absolutely delicious (although it sounds a little weird) and completely syn free.

Chickpea dahl loaf
1 packet of bachelors beef flavour savoury rice
1 tin of chickpea dahl (I buy mine from Asda or Morrisons)
3 eggs.

• Preheat the oven to 200 c.
  • Make up the rice following the instructions on the pack.
  • When the rice is done, mix in the three eggs and the tin of chick pea dahl.
  • Spoon into a baking dish – large and flattish is best.
  • Cook for around twenty minutes or until the loaf is firm.

Syn Free chickpea dahl (slimming world)

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it ;-)

Comments

1. Iain says

I'm not sure if ive bought the right chickpea dhal, my mrs doubts that its free could anyone email a pic or put up a link to a pic of it to make sure i have the correct one :) thanks

2. judie fletcher says

have this in oven now but its been in for over 20 minutes & is no where near cooked, what size eggs did you use cos mine is very sloppy still, have i done something wrong

• Cass says

I’d just leave it in there until it’s firm – it can sometimes take a bit longer x x x

Hope you enjoy it ;-)

3. Cheryl says

My sister made this and it is delicious!! :) Is it definitely free? I believe she used ASDA chickpea dahl.

4. linda says

I have been told Sainsbury is 8 syns, Tesco has syns but can't remember what syns, Asda and Morrison are free x

5. Nanny C says

Just made it for the first time with Chickpea Dahl bought in Morrisons for £1.09 by Mazadar – syn free on EE. Very enjoyable. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the idea.

6. angela says

i am a slim club member…i have treied this recepie,,,and its great so quick to do too,,,,,,,,chickpea darhl varies in price so watch out, from 77p a tin in morrisons to ¬£1.38 in sainsburys,

Trackbacks

1. […] 4st9.2lb% Lost 6.36% Tried this and it is really good for snacking Chickpea dahl loaf Slimming World – Syn free chickpea dahl loaf…. – The Diary of a Frugal FamilyThe Diary of a Frugal… Reply With […]