Slimming World – Syn free chickpea dahl loaf….

I’ve been following the Slimming World diet for a few months now and although it’s not going as well as it was at the start (due to an all inclusive holiday and lots of picnics in the Summer Holidays, I am back on track now and am pleased with my weight loss so far.

I tried on the dress I wore for the MADS last year and found it was two sizes too big and the dress I bought for the MADS award ceremony earlier in the Summer now has tobe pulled in a little with a belt so I’m definitely seeing a difference since I started.

One of my favourite syn free Slimming World snacks is chickpea dahl loaf which is absolutely delicious (although it sounds a little weird) and completely syn free.

Chickpea dahl loaf
1 packet of bachelors beef flavour savoury rice
1 tin of chickpea dahl (I buy mine from Asda or Morrisons)
3 eggs.

• Preheat the oven to 200 c.
  • Make up the rice following the instructions on the pack.
  • When the rice is done, mix in the three eggs and the tin of chick pea dahl.
  • Spoon into a baking dish – large and flattish is best.
  • Cook for around twenty minutes or until the loaf is firm.

Syn Free chickpea dahl (slimming world)

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it 😉

How to ice a cupcake....
This weeks Frugal(ish) meal plan....

Comments

1. Laura says

Just to inform you that the BATCHELORS rice packs now have a syn value of 1.5 syns upwards. The new “now cooks even faster” as they changed the recipe.

Not much of a syn value but wouldn’t want anyone jeopardising their losses

2. susy says

im not sure if mines is syn free its bilash chipea dahl anyone give me any info about this make ty

3. Iain says

I'm not sure if ive bought the right chickpea dhal, my mrs doubts that its free could anyone email a pic or put up a link to a pic of it to make sure i have the correct one :) thanks

4. judie fletcher says

have this in oven now but its been in for over 20 minutes & is no where near cooked, what size eggs did you use cos mine is very sloppy still, have i done something wrong

• Cass says

I’d just leave it in there until it’s firm – it can sometimes take a bit longer x x x

Hope you enjoy it 😉

5. Cheryl says

My sister made this and it is delicious!! :) Is it definitely free? I believe she used ASDA chickpea dahl.

6. linda says

I have been told Sainsbury is 8 syns, Tesco has syns but can't remember what syns, Asda and Morrison are free x

7. Nanny C says

Just made it for the first time with Chickpea Dahl bought in Morrisons for £1.09 by Mazadar – syn free on EE. Very enjoyable. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the idea.

8. angela says

i am a slim club member…i have treied this recepie,,,and its great so quick to do too,,,,,,,,chickpea darhl varies in price so watch out, from 77p a tin in morrisons to £1.38 in sainsburys,

Trackbacks

1. […] 4st9.2lb% Lost 6.36% Tried this and it is really good for snacking Chickpea dahl loaf Slimming World – Syn free chickpea dahl loaf…. – The Diary of a Frugal FamilyThe Diary of a Frugal… Reply With […]