I bet you all do lots of frugal money saving things on a daily basis without even thinking about it! They’re just things that make complete sense to you and you do them without even thinking about it aren’t they?
But sometimes, until someone points something out to you, it doesn’t even occur to you so I thought I’d do a post each week to share some of the frugal things I’ve done that week with you all.
Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. I’ve redecorated Master Frugal’s bedroom on a budget and although I’ll be telling you more about that next week, I can tell you that I got the bed frame for free from a Facebook selling site that I checked on the off chance that someone was selling one cheaper than the one I’d just ordered online and the desk I got for a massive bargain thanks to an online voucher that I found and used.
2. I’ve cancelled the payment to Master Frugal’s judo club and emailed them to let them them know that he’s not going to be going for the forseeable future. He’s joined an after-school basketball club on the same day as Judo which he’s enjoying more than he’s enjoying his judo and although he was doing both for a while, he just doesn’t have the energy to do both right now and judo is always the club he ends up missing. I’ve known for a while that I was going to have to cancel but it’s a busy class and I didn’t want to lose his space but there’s no point paying for something that we’re not going to be using is there?
3. We used up the various different single portion leftovers from the freezer by having one night where we all had something different. Between us we had beef stew, minced beef and onions, chicken casserole and sausage, bean and chorizo casserole and all I had to cook on the night was a batch of Yorkshire puddings and some frozen mixed veg to go with them.
4. Whilst sorting out Master Frugal’s bedroom, I’ve set aside lots of things that will be be great for our first car boot sale of the year. Lots went to the charity shop but the really good stuff has been put in the car boot sale box in the garage so it’s ready to go when we decide to do one. We also put a bulky wooden unit from his room in our front garden with a sign on saying it was free to anyone who wanted it rather than it gathering dust in our garage )it was gone within the hour).
5. I made a quiche using up some leftover things in the bottom of the fridge this week rather than let them go to waste. The quiche was lovely and we actually had it as a meal with some homemade sweet potato fries rather than something we had planned so I saved that for next week which will save me on next week’s shopping budget.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this - receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.