2012 was a great year for us as a family and I hope that 2013 will be even better.
Everyone has their own reasons for living frugally and I know I’ve said this before (lots of times) but one of our reasons is so that we can afford to do more fun things as a family. This year we’ve had some great times together and made some fantastic family memories with some lovely friends – old and new.
I’ll be sad to see the end to such a great year but as always, I’m looking forward to the start of the new year. I love the feeling that the new year brings and I always like to spend a little bit of time thinking about what I want from the year ahead. I do have some interesting plans for the coming year – both personally and blog related which I’m sure you’ll be hearing about at some point soon but for now, I’ll just share my New Years Resolutions with you.
These are my personal resolutions…..
- Meal planning – I’m going to continue with this and make sure that I use my homemade meal planning board EVERY week rather than some weeks just planning in my head and using the meal planning board to write insults to Mr Frugal on!
- Try and increase my mortgage overpayments and continue to reduce debt elsewhere – I have a plan of action for this that I’ll share with you all soon.
- Continue with my house makeover and get rid of as much magnolia as possible – our bedroom is next on my list although I need to get my Living room curtains up first.
- Continue to lose weight and be more active.
- Learn to use my camera so I can venture out of auto mode.
- Be Happy
And these are my blogging related resolutions….
- Have some sort of weekly blogging schedule that I can manage to stick to so I manage to get everything done that I need to do.
- Blog what I want and when I want without worrying about what anyone else will think.
- Enjoy blogging and not get caught up in any of the regular ‘heated discussions’ that I see going on around me sometimes.
- Find a way to make enough money from my blog that I can give up work completely and just blog for a living. (OK, I accept that this one is probably not going to happen but I can hope, right?)
That’s all do-able isn’t it (except for the last one possibly)?
What about you – will you be making some New Years Resolutions this year?