A couple of weeks ago, I shared a photo of my Oven Baked Pancakes on Instagram and got so many messages from people asking me how I made them that I thought I’d share how I made them with you today…
This recipe for oven baked pancakes is exactly what you need in your life – it’s the ultimate kitchen shortcut. Honestly, you’ll try it once and love it so much you’ll never make pancakes in a pan again!
We love pancakes in our house but I do often find that I’m the one making pancakes one by one while everyone else gets to tuck into the goodies so oven baked pancakes are perfect for us because I just use the same pancake mix but I pop it in a baking dish instead. Sprinkle with some toppings and pop it in the oven and we can all enjoy it together at the same time!
This recipe for oven baked pancakes is exactly what you need. Honestly, you'll try it once and love it so much you'll never make pancakes in a pan again.
- 45g (2 tablespoons) butter
- 350g plain flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 450ml milk
- 3 large eggs
- Extra greasing for the baking dish
- Pancake 'toppings' - I used milk chocolate chips for one half of mine and raspberries with white chocolate for the other.
- Preheat your oven to 200 c
- Grease your baking dish generously.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool a little.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs, milk and melted butter together and pour it into the flour mixture.
- Stir until it’s almost lump-free and then leave it as you don't want to over mix this.
- Pour your mix into the greased baking dish and pop into the oven to cook.
- The length of time that it takes to cook depends on the size of your baking dish, the type of baking dish and the quantity of the mix you've used but I usually start checking after about 15 minutes. They're done when you can pop a knife in them and it comes out clean.
if you've got your own recipe for fluffy pancakes then absolutely go for it and use that if you prefer it - just try and keep the quantities similar.
In today’s oven baked pancakes, I’ve used chocolate chips on one half and white chocolate and raspberries on the other half but I’ve used bananas in the past with some chopped nuts that I had in the cupboard and I’ve also used mini marshmallows with some crushed digestive and chocolate chips (S’mores style).
You can make it plain if you prefer though and just add a topping afterwards if you want – I’m going to try some syrup and crispy bacon next time.
I promise – try oven baked pancakes and you’ll never flip a pancake again!
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Do your future self a favour – Pin this recipe for oven baked pancakes for later: