This Instant Pot Strawberry and Orange Jam is the easiest way possible to make jam – honestly, no skills needed at all!
I bought some Pectin a good six or seven months ago with the intention of making some sort of Christmas jam to share with you all but life absolutely got away from me and not only did I not make the Christmas jam which was going to smell and taste like everything we all love about Christmas (in my head at least).
I also didn’t make the Spring flavours jam that I vaguely planned to make just before the world itself went mad although I do remember sitting at my laptop and having a good think about what I would actually put in a Spring flavours kind of jam. I gave up as everything I thought of seemed a bit ambitious for someone who had to Google what ‘the thing that sets jam’ was called before I started.
To take my lack of jam making skills into account, I’m going to start with the basics which is where this amazing Instant Pot Strawberry and Orange jam has come from. It worked out so well that I’m back on with the themed jams now – bring on the lavender and cinnamon flavours (not in the same jam obviously 😇).
This Instant Pot Strawberry and Orange Jam is the easiest way possible to make jam - honestly, no skills needed at all!
- 8 whole oranges. Peeled
- 3 cups Strawberries
- 475 ml (2 cups) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 800g (4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 1 sachet of Fruit Pectin
- Peel, cut and dice the oranges and set to the side.
- Cut and dice the strawberries,
- Mix the oranges, and strawberries with sugar in the instant pot.
- Let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the Apple cider to the fruit mixture and stir to combine.
- Close the lid on the instant pot and close the valve to the sealed position.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 1 minute.
- Release pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Carefully release the valve and remove the lid.
- Using a hand blender blend and mash the mixture until well mixed.
- Drain any excess juice if needed.
- Turn Instant Pot to ‘saute’ function and allow the orange strawberry jam to come to a boil.
- Add your pectin to the Instant Pot and mix to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled then pour into jars, and seal.
Ages ago, I bought some Silver Spoon Pectin which comes in 8g sachets and never got around to using it so I had that in the cupboard but I can't find that one in stock in my local Asda, Tesco or Morrisons. I do keep seeing Certo Apple Pectin available which is liquid pectin and seems to do a similar job.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉 Why not pin my Instant Pot Strawberry and Orange Jam for later: