Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) I dyed my hair using some hair dye that cost me £10 for two boxes which is an absolute bargain compared to how much I’d pay if I was getting it done in a salon. I’ve probably been dying my hair for about a year now for no other reason other than I woke up one day and felt like a change. 😂
This is the hair dye that I use – it’s Clairol Light Auburn and I always buy it on a 2 for £10 offer as it’s usually on offer somewhere at that price.
2) I got my water bill this month and love that not only has my monthly payment been reduced to £23 a month but they’ve also credited back over £100 to my bank account! The bill also said we use around 60 litres a day less than other similar households so we’re clearly doing well with our water money saving!
3) I have an old Pandora ring which I loved as part of a stacking set but I stopped wearing it a while ago and, as often happens with Pandora rings, it lost its sparkle and started to look a bit tarnished – mainly on the little heart at the front on this one as you can see from the photo below…
I decided to give it a cheeky makeover with some nail polish and it turned out really well. By makeover, I actually just mean that I painted the heart that had turned black and made it nice and pink so it can be worn again but that totally counts, right?
4) Did you see August’s pre-loved bargains post? I shared a couple of my buys from over the last month or so I’ve been after a waterproof jacket for a while now as my only waterproof jacket is a big thick one which is just too warm for the days we’ve had recently where it’s been a bit rainy but not actually cold if that makes sense.
This brand new M&S jacket cost me £4.49 and it’s super similar to a jacket I tried on in there last week. I loved the style but it was a green colour and I wasn’t sold on it so wasn’t going to pay £30 for it. I loved the style and feel of it though so when I found one almost identical in a bright pink then I was over the moon with it.
5) I was at a wedding last night and my whole outfit was bought from Vinted aside from my handbag that was a vintage buy from Vestiaire. If we ignore the handbag, the rest of the outfit cost less than £10.
If I manage to find a picture that I like then I might even share it on here at some point.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉