Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) I painted our family bathroom last weekend using some paint I already had in the garage. I was super tempted to do something a bit different in there but I remembered the giant tub of brilliant white paint that I had in the garage and decided to go with that instead which wasn’t as fun but cost nothing and meant I could just get on with it right away.
2) Does anyone have any Fifa fans in the house? If you also have an Amazon Prime account then this week there’s some sort of Fifa pack released on their Prime gaming site which used to be Twitch.
There’s free content every month for the next nine months and it took literally two minutes to do so if you do have an Amazon Prime account then head over to Prime Gaming and get your free content. I’d like to give you a more technical explanation of this one but all I know is that Master Frugal got excited about it and it was free and easy!
3) I made my monthly MuscleFood order this week!
So, I got 5kg of chicken breasts for £15.00 as they have a payday deal on right now which is usually between 20 and 24 chicken breasts depending on the sizes. I also got 4 x 400g packs of lean minced beef and 3 x 400g packs of lean chicken breast mince for £34.49 including the delivery which I think is a fab price considering the high quality of the meat that I always get from MuscleFood.
Because I order from them so often, I do have an affiliate link to the £15 chicken if you want to place an order with them.
4) I made myself a cheeky hair mask last night to give my hair a treat although I absolutely get that the below looks about as far from a treat as you can get!
The main ingredients are avocado and banana and it always makes my hair super shiny without leaving my hair looking greasy after a day like some shop-bought conditioners do. It looks disgusting but it does the job and as a bonus, it used up the just about to be past it’s best avocado in the bottom of my fridge.
5) I haven’t used my soupmaker much lately for some reason but this week, I made a big batch of leek and potato soup for lunches. I know it’s cheating but I bought a bag of soup mix when I did my shopping on Sunday which cost 99p (cheaper than buying the leeks as they only had packs of 3/4 leeks rather than individually.
I was all good with eating it on Monday and Tuesday after making it on Monday morning but there was still enough left on Wednesday for another day’s lunch. I love the soup so two days running is a treat but honestly, three days in a row is just a step too far.
I decided to upcycle Wednesday’s soup by adding in some Red Leicester cheese which I grated into the soup when I was heating it up. It really changed the soup up and made me wish I’d done it the day before too!
Also – I don’t know why I felt the need to justify my soup mix as it saves loads of time, never fails to make a tasty soup and makes big enough portions for three days worth of lunch when I’m working from home so it’s not even a bad thing. 😂
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve almost hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉