Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) If you saw my Pre-Loved Bargains post last Sunday then you’ll already know about this one so feel free to skip to number 2. 😂 Basically I bought a dress for £3.95 with the intention of selling it on as it was a Jacques Vert dress that still had the tags on showing a price of £159 so I was confident that I could make a cheeky profit on this one.
I sold it on Monday which meant it sold within 48 hours for a nice little profit.
2) Last week was a hard week at work and my Fitbit showed some ridiculous numbers for my daily steps as I was literally sat at my desk all day and by the time I was done, I was too tired to do anything else so after sleeping half of last Saturday away I decided to make a conscious effort to do better this week.
I’ve made an effort to finish earlier this week and before I do anything else, I’ve jumped on my exercise bike and managed to consistently do between 20km and 22km every day on there which I like to think makes up for my lack of steps as there’s no getting away from the fact that between 9 and 5 there’s not much going on in the way of steps.
I know this isn’t necessarily money-saving but it’s a bit of a continuation of what I was talking about in last week’s post where I’m trying to get back into some of the things I used to really enjoy – like making my own DIY beauty products and spending time on myself a bit more. I’ve been doing so well and then last week at work just threw me off so I’ve really thought about it this week and made sure I finished early, took time for myself and I even made myself a really uplifting room spray using a blend of lemon, peppermint and lavender essential oils.
The base recipe for my usual room spray recipe is here if you’re interested and the blend I used this week used the following:
- 15 drops Lemon essential oil
- 8 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 6 drops Lavender essential oil
Also, because I always get asked when I share this bottle – this is the closest I can find to it on Amazon right now. (Aff link). 😂
3) When I popped to the shop last weekend, they had loads of nice minced beef for £1.09 per packet which is about a third of how much it usually is. I didn’t want to but loads as I hate it when people take all the bargains and leave none for everyone else so I limited myself to three packs which I came home and made Instant Pot Minced Beef and onions.
We had it for tea on Sunday and added three meals worth into the freezer for another time.
4) Last weekend, I managed to get all the bedding washed and hung up on the line to dry outside while the weather was nice.
I do have a tumble drier but I keep it in the garage and I very very rarely use it. I only bought it a year or so ago after getting rid of mine when I moved into this house and not really missing it for years and years. That changed with two teenagers who often had last minute requests to wash clothes that absolutely HAD to be ready for the next day so I bit the bullet and bought one but I do try and use it as little as possible and days like last Sunday are just amazing for drying washing so I always try and do the bedding and towels when the weather’s right!
5) This week’s meal plan has gone well and the main ingredients of every meal apart from Sunday was something I had in the freezer already so it was a pretty cheap week as far as food shopping goes. I really tried to plan even more so than normal to what we had in already as I’m trying to work through and empty the freezer a little bit as it’s a bit chaotic in there at the minute.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉