Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) My homemade Limoncello is done and it tastes amazing!
It’s basically the zest and juice of three lemons added to 75cl of vodka in a bottle or jar large enough to hold a litre of liquid. You just leave the lemon to infuse into the vodka for two weeks giving it a shake every day. After two weeks, add 60ml of water and 80g of sugar and let it all infuse for another two weeks, again giving it a shake every day or so.
Then just strain it into glass bottles and you’re ready to either give it away as gifts or enjoy it for yourself. Mine is my contribution to a cocktail night that I’m going to next week at a friend’s house but it would make great homemade Christmas gifts too!
2) I redeemed my Swagbucks this week for Amazon vouchers ready to do some Christmas shopping. I’ve been saving them this year and although I’ve dipped in a couple of times, I had enough points in there for £75 worth of Amazon vouchers which isn’t too shabby, is it?
(My refer a friend link for Swagbucks is here if you want to get a head start for next Christmas)
3) I also checked how many Boots Advantage card points I had available and I had £12 worth of points which is more than I thought as I treated myself not so long ago and thought I’d used more than I had.
I had a quick look through the three for two section and bought some cheeky little stocking fillers so I got three small gifts that are perfect for what I wanted – £5 each but on 3 for 2 and then paid for in full with my points including the £1.50 delivery to store charge!
4) I made a nice batch of homemade Febreze last night so my house is currently smelling of sunshine which I love! It’s so easy to make and costs less than 20p a batch compared to 10 x that in the shops!
5) I bought a Too Good To Go Magic bag last weekend for £3.35 and got a ridiculous amount of food for my money. And when I say ridiculous….
There were ready to bake baguettes, sandwich thins, croissants, and a loaf of bread that all had the day after’s date on them which was brilliant. The apple juice and the mango chilli chicken skewers (of which there were actually six but you can’t really see them on this picture) also had the next day’s date on them and the soup could be frozen so that went in the freezer for another time. Amazing value!
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉