Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) I’m back to working from the office a couple of days a week which means I need to be super organised with my food otherwise I could end up spending a fortune as my office is on a business park with very few options for food if I don’t take my own in. I can choose from Greggs, Subway or the onsite canteen and none of those are ideal options when you’re trying to eat healthy on a budget.
This was this week’s breakfast – overnight oats made with almond milk instead of Yoghurt with black cherries from my freezer stirred through it. I’d be lying if I said it tasted nice in any way though! It honestly tasted awful and I don’t think it was a good idea at all to use the almond milk but I tried. 😂
2) Talking of being organised with food… This is my egg bake. It’s basically a load of stuff about to go past its best from my fridge baked in the oven with some beaten eggs poured over it. Kind of like a quiche. Actually, is it just a quiche? I think quiche is a mix of eggs and milk or eggs and cream which is why I’m calling it my egg bake!
I served half straight from the oven with some veggie sausages and the other half cold for lunch the next day with a cold chicken breast.
3) I made myself a super pretty photo backdrop this weekend using a piece of card and a small bit of leftover sticky-backed plastic that I’d saved for a project I never got round to making. It’s the perfect size to tuck behind the unit in my bedroom ready to quickly grab if I have a photo I want to take that needs a background.
I gave away the photo backdrops that I used to use because I really cut back on product reviews which is something I did used to do more regularly. I’ve recently thought about reviewing some products that I’ve bought myself that I think some of you might be interested in so I wanted at least one pretty backdrop. This will definitely do the job!
4) Did you read my Me, But Happier post earlier this week! I’ve been really trying to focus on my fitness this year and I’ve been loving my exercise bike as a way to start on that. I got brave this week and decided to go along to the gym with a friend because I feel like I need a push. I haven’t joined though as I want to make sure I will go enough to get my money’s worth from it so I was sensible and paid a session price to see how I feel about it.
This is the sign on the toilet door in the gym. 😂
5) Last weekend when the sun was shining, I managed to get all my bedding and towels washed and line dried which makes me so happy! Usually, I do it a bit at a time as I don’t have enough space to dry more than one load at a time but the glorious weather meant I could get through a few big loads in no time!
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Do your future self a favour – Pin this post for later!