Saving money isn’t just about the big savings you make, it’s about the little things you do each and every day that save you money. In fact, my Nana used to have a saying which I’m sure lots of you will have heard – “Look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves!”
It’s so true isn’t it?
So here’s my five small things that I’ve done this week to save some money:
1. Rather than go to the shop for something for my work packed lunch when we ran out of bread (don’t ask) I made up a packet of cous cous that’s been at the back of my cupboard for as long as I can remember and took that instead.
2. Mr Frugal came home from work the other day with a big split in his trousers and decided we were going out to buy a new pair. I told him not to be ridiculous and sewed them up for him.
3. When my lipstick ran out, I went through my handbags in the bottom of my wardrobe to see if I could find any old lipsticks before going out to buy a new one. I managed to find two – one a juicy tubes one that I thought I’d lost ages ago. I also found £1.57, lots of pens and my Nandos loyalty card 😉
4. I ordered lots of things from the 90% off jewellery sale at dotcomgiftshop and managed to put *most* of it away in my present bag despite being tempted to keep all of it for myself. My present bag is sorted for girly presents for the rest of the year now I think.
5. After reading a brilliant money saving tip on Me and My Shadow, I’ve started to use half as much shampoo and squirty soap that I used before and it works just as well and now I’ll need to buy them less often!
Have you done anything thrifty this week?