Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) So this one isn’t all that money-saving for me but it will be for whoever gets the benefit so I’m sharing it anyway. 🙂
I took all of Master Frugal’s ski things into school and asked them to pass them on to someone who’ll be going on next year’s school ski trip. He’s growing so quick that even if he was to go skiing again in future, he’d need new things anyway so someone else might as well get the wear out of them. I know I could probably have sold them but he had such an amazing time that I just wanted to give something back to the school and help someone else next year.
The college he’s planning on going to have an annual trip to St Anton which him and his friends are desperate to go on but I suspect it will be hard to get on due to numbers but I love that he enjoyed it so much that he wants to go again!
2) I overpaid my mortgage by a whole £17.25 on top of what we normally overpay which is just how much I randomly had in my Paypal account when I checked last week. The small payments will add up if I keep making them.
3) I set up a savings account for Christmas and set my bank account to round up all of my transactions to the nearest pound when I used my debit card.
The extra pennies should soon add up!
4) I had a go at making my own DIY hand sanitiser which I’ll probably share with you in the next week or so. I’m not sure that it works out cheaper than normal hand sanitiser but considering the fact that it’s selling for way over its market value on sites like eBay at the moment, maybe it is money saving. 😉
5) I managed to stick to this week’s meal plan pretty much exactly as I shared it on Monday which to be fair, is more of a credit to the kids than me as they’ve had to fend for themselves quite a bit lately.
The only thing that didn’t go according to plan was the Hunters chicken as I forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer. They just had rice and sauce. 😉
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 30,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.