Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) So, I decided I wanted to do some cheeky investing – nothing flash but just small amounts where I can experiment a little bit. I’ll let you know how I get on and if I do OK then I’ll absolutely give you some more information in case you want to do the same.
I only set aside £50 which is nothing really when it comes to investing but I just wanted to start really slowly. I’m not going to make my fortune this way but never-the-less I do feel pleased that it’s a small start.
2) I popped to the shop on the way home from work on Wednesday night with the intention of buying a salad and some garlic bread to go with a lasagne that I’d made with Miss Frugal the night before using some bolognaise leftovers and walked past the reductions fridge at the exact time that the lady was putting out the reductions.
There was no crowd around the fridge like there usually is and I actually had no competition for the ridiculously low priced bargains that were filling the fridge.
I managed to get two of these paellas reduced from £5.75 each to 29p which was fantastic – especially as it was from their finest range and tasted amazing!
I moved the lasagne to the following night’s tea and we enjoyed paella with onion rings (13p) and cheesy potato skins (26p) with some random slightly squished cheesecake slices (35p a pack) for tea on Wednesday.
3) I had a drama the other morning with a popped tyre on the dual carriageway on the way to work! Luckily, I have breakdown cover which costs me less than £10 a month so I didn’t have to worry too much about how much my drama was going to cost me.
4) It’s been a while since I’ve made a batch of homemade Febreze but with the rain we’ve had this week, the house smelled a little bit like wet dog for a while there as the dogs decided that the middle of the pouring rain was exactly the right time for them to be desperate to go out in the garden!
It did the trick in no time!
5) I moved some extra money into my Christmas savings account so I currently have £100 in there, £75 in Amazon gift cards in my Amazon account and £25 in my Boots Advantage card account. It’s not looking too bad at the moment, is it?
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 30,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.