1) Last weekend when it was ridiculously hot I bought some cheap reduced price lemons and lovely Miss Frugal made me some homemade lemonade as she knows how much I enjoy her lemonade. She usually makes mint lemonade but we didn’t have any mint so she just made it plain and it was so refreshing.
Not sure it was worth the clean up in the kitchen that she left me though!
Also, you can tell she’s grown up with me blogging as she made the lemonade, took a photo of it worthy of Instagram and remembered to tell me what she used to make it! Then she told me I owed her £5 which is our agreed charge if ever she does a DIY or recipe that I share.
2) A quick Buddy update as I mentioned in last week’s post that he wasn’t very well and we’d signed up for a pay monthly care plan at the vets which was saving us money as it includes all vets appointments, injections and flea and worming treatment. I had second thoughts at the start of the week and actually rang to cancel the policy and just pay the charges accrued so far as I thought it would work out cheaper in the long term but the receptionist recommended keeping it for another week just in case we needed more appointments. Good job I did as he got worse and we needed an extra appointment which takes us up to four appointments so far with another one next week just to check he’s definitely on the mend as there are still traces of his infection.
You take the plan out for a year at a time and pay £16.95 a month so just over £200 for the year but we’ve already saved £120 in vets bills! He’s also due to be wormed in a couple of weeks and will get his flea treatment in about a month so I think it’s going to work out saving us a fair amount in the first year.
3) We hit 2,500 members of our little Facebook group this week which is amazing!
It’s such a lovely little community all about living well on less money and this week I’ve been sharing deals wherever I can to help everyone save money.
4) Remember when I covered my dining room chairs for £5? Well the tea towels that I used lasted really well but this week I decided they were due to be redone. I was planning to buy some Orla Kiely fabric from Dunelm Mill but instead I ended up buying some lovely wipe clean fabric from Laura Ashley as they have a huge sale on right now. The fabric was £9.50 and I think the results are amazing!
5) Last week we were invited to barbecue and aside from the usual, we decided to take some deserts so I made my first ever lemon meringue pie and a red velvet cake. I used things I had in so it cost me nothing and it all went down brilliantly!
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.