1) On Monday I made a Budget leftovers version of a beef wellington which I shared with you here but it’s basically a giant puff pastry sausage roll with the sausage being the leftovers of our Sunday Dinner! It was so easy to make and turned some random leftovers into a whole new meal which is the way to go with meal planning!
2) I went to Ikea and only spend £18 and that was on things that I actually needed! I bought some tea-towels, some freezer bags and some new freezer bag clips, a new cheese grater and some storage boxes. The damage could have been much worse considering I went with my friend rather than Mr Frugal who normally tries hard to keep my spending to a minimum when we visit my favourite shop.
3) I asked on Instagram a few weeks ago what I could do with a cute little vintage Crusha milk bottle that I bought as it really has no purpose other than the fact I absolutely loved it as soon as I saw it. It’s now my savings jar for New York and we’re filling it with 20ps and pound coins!
Because it’s just me and Miss Frugal going, I’m trying to save up as much money as possible before we go so our savings can be used more towards our family holiday and this is just one of the ways that we’re saving money. We’re also planning a car boot sale as soon as out local one opens up again in the Spring and I’m trying to be even better with my food shopping so I can put some of that money to one side too.
4) As you might have seen from last week’s Slimming World on Budget post, I’ve been back on Slimming World now since the 4th January although my consultant at the hospital only gave me the official OK this week. It’s amazing how being healthy isn’t always the cheapest option so I’ve been trying to keep costs down as much as possible with regular trips to the supermarket to try and pick up reduced fruit and veg which has saved lots of money – not so much time though as it’s quite time consuming to pop to the shop each night. I also have to be super strict with myself so that I only visit the reduced section and the checkouts as I’d spend more than I saved if I walked around the whole shop. I’m not sure I can keep up the nightly visits but it’s certainly saved me some money this week.
5) Last week I took all of my spare change collections to get them changed so I could start afresh for 2017 and I was pleased that I had £27.58 saved up which isn’t bad considering how many times I’ve ‘borrowed’ from there lately to pay for things like car parking, non uniform days and even cakes from the school fayre.
Does anyone else raid the change box when they don’t have change for parking? We save copper as well as 5p, 10p and 20p coins and it soon adds up if I’m not raiding it like today! #change #savingpennies #pennies #epig #kbnmoms #momsoninstagram #momswithcameras #thatsdarling #flashesofdelight #thehappynow #nothingisordinary #blogcreate
Emma and Becky and I would love to make think linky into a place to share all of our frugal ideas with each other so we’d love you to link up with us this week. In fact we’d love it so much that we even have a prize for you again – Emma has kindly donated a budgeting book that one of you lovely lot can win. To be in with a chance, just make sure you link up a post before next Wedensday and make sure you include the line below to tell everyone you’re linking up:
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.