Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. I bought some back to school stationery today in Tesco as it was half price. I even managed to stock up on the pens that you can rub out (an essential piece of kit according to Miss Frugal) as well as some packs of school pencils reduced from £3.60 a pack to just £1.50. I’ve cleared a drawer in the unit to store them until just before they go back otherwise there’s be no trace of them come the start of September!
2. We’re going away this weekend and the thought of the usual arguments over how we get there almost drove me to buy a sat nav but then the very wise Annie and Tanya recommended Waze which is a free Sat Nav app and it not only saved us money but after checking it out, I can see that it’s going to save lots of arguments both this weekend and in the future!
3. We had a lovely day at a local museum which cost absolutely nothing – we had a look around the museum, did some crafts (and failed) and then did some geocaching in the grounds. The free Geocaching app is perfect although it took some work to find the one we were looking for!
4. We’ve tried to spend as little as possible this week whilst having as much fun as possible as we’re saving all of our pennies for our weekend away this weekend so we’ve been taking advantage of the cooler evenings to go play tennis at the park on the tennis courts there. Because the weather’s been that bit cooler the courts have been deserted most nights when we’ve been.
5. Miss Frugal wanted a Sudoku puzzle book from the shops to pass the time on our journey today but rather than pay the £2.99 for one (which would then turn into £6 odd as Master Frugal would probably want one too), I googled Sudoku worksheets and printed some out for her. I also printed Master Frugal some wordsearches too so we should have a few minutes peace during the journey!
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.