1. We don’t go to the chip shop very often but when we do go Miss Frugal loves the curry sauce from there, in fact the curry sauce is probably the only reason she likes having a cheeky chippy tea. When I was shopping last week I found some Bisto curry sauce granules that I just have to add boiling water to and chip shop style curry sauce appears. 😉 And before you say it, I know it’s filled with crap but she’d be having it from the chip shop at a pound a time and this only costs 99p for 10 portions. It has a long sell by date so it’ll last for lots of chippy tea treats to come!
2. I made a huge portion on mince and onions in the slow cooker this week with two packs of reduced mince that I bought for £1.76 a pack (the mince was great quality so it was a total bargain). I made mince and onion pie with a dumpling topping with half of it and the rest has gone in to the freezer to use next time.
3. On the spur of the moment, I ripped down the wall mural on Master Frugal’s wall as it’s been a few years since he’s been into the Avengers. The wall needs a sand before I paint the room but in the meantime he decorated the walls himself with some old Boro shirts that I told him we had in the garage. The shirts are 20 years old and belonged to my brother before he died 11 years ago now, we’ve been saving them as a memory but I think he would have loved the idea that they’d gone to a Boro fan in the making.
Excuse the picture, Master Frugal took it himself. 😉
4. I cleaned my rug this week with the carpet cleaner my Dad gave us a while ago – it’s not the best model so it takes a fair amount of energy to get the job done but I set aside an afternoon of my week off to do it. I was aching by the end but at least my carpets are clean.
5. I’ve just made a quick batch of packed lunch cake ready for Master Frugal’s packed lunches this week. It costs next to nothing and tastes much better than shop bought treats!
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.