1. You might remember from last week’s post that we had a cheeky weekend away? Well we had a great time and I’m pleased to say that it was the sort of weekend where we didn’t really spend any more money than we would have at home. Apart from our entrance fee to the Gretna Green museum, we used our English Heritage cards to visit Carlisle Castle and spent the rest of the time using the facilities at the holiday park where we were staying.
We didn’t eat out at all as the kitchen had everything I needed to cook just as well as I could at home. We didn’t even go for a drink or to the evening entertainment on a night as we wanted a complete relax so we read and played board games!
2. After our weekend away I’ve had the rest of this week off and I’ve used the time to catch up on a couple of things that are long overdue – starting with Master Frugal’s bedroom! He was fed up of the Avengers wall banner he’s had on his wall for the last few years so I tore it down and painted his walls white. White might seem like an odd choice for a boys room but I actually think it’s the most practical colour because I have a pot of it under the sink ready to just paint over any stains that will inevitably appear!
3. I needed some Winter shoes but I was trying to decide whether to treat myself to a pair of Hotter shoes because the ones I have now really are the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned. Last weekend we went to the Gretna outlet and I was over the moon to find a Hotter outlet shop where I found a gorgeous pair of shoes for a bargain £15! I couldn’t get a pair that cheap anywhere never mind a pair of Hotter Shoes.
4. I sorted out our coats and warm jumpers that we wouldn’t be wearing this Winter to donate to our local homeless charity as we have done ever year for the past few days. I can’t see that it’s running this year so I’ve decided to try and do it myself and get as many people as I can involved. I’m not sure if it’s going to work but I’ve emailed the charity directly to see if they’re OK with me doing a bit of a coat collection.
5. After a weekend away with no hot water (other than in the kettle and the showers at the swimming pool) I came home on Monday and had a much needed gorgeous hot bath. I even used some of Miss Frugal’s homemade ginger and lime body scrub.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.